This page will list down the details of the academic activities that we plan in this course. The schedule for all meetings are available at the meetings page.
- Problem Sheets: There will be roughly 2 problem sheets given as "hand outs" for each theme. The participants are expected to try to solve them offline and get back to the respective TAs if they need specific helps. Those who wish get feedback on their answers are also welcome to submit it to the TAs. In any case, these will not be evaluated towards the final grade. The following gives the timeline for these handouts.
- Problem Set 01 : Theme 1, Set 1 : Aug 22, 5pm
- Problem Set 02 : Theme 1, Set 2 : Sep 16, 5pm
- Problem Set 03 : Theme 2, Set 1 : Oct 10, 5pm
- Problem Set 04 : Theme 3, Set 1 : Oct 31, 5pm
- Problem Set 05 : Theme 3, Set 2 : Nov 11, 5pm
- Short Exams :
These will be a mixture of in-hall and take-home exams where a set of demonstrative problems/tasks closely related to the lectures will be given and the responses will be evaluated. This is a part of continuous assessment in the course. Note that the weightage of these towards the final score is nontrivial but relatively low. You can afford to make mistakes (and hence learn) without worsening your final score by much !.
- Quizzes & End-semester Exams : There will be two quizes which will be in-hall standard exams. The end-semester exam will be a standard 3 hour long exam. More details about this are available at the meetings page.