Theoretical Computer Science Laboratory, Dept. of CS&E, IITM, was set up in 1991 with the following objectives/goals:
- Conduct advanced research in classical as well as emerging areas of Theoretical Computer Science.
- Support and co-ordinate the activities related to the funded projects in the area of Theoretical Computer Science.
- Build and maintain necessary infrastructure for conducting experimental / animated studies of concepts and methodologies in Automata Theory, Computational Geometry, Parallel and Randomized Algorithmics and other related topics.
- Act as a resource centre for developing courseware for basic as well as advanced topics in Theoretical Computer Science.
- Support activities related to publishing, disseminating and archiving the research reports / papers of students and staff members of the department in all areas of Theoretical Computer Science.
Last modified on September 23, 2008.